State Library of Florida - The Florida Collection
The Florida Collection, housed in the State Library of Florida, is one of the most comprehensive collections of Floridiana available. Information is in a variety of formats including books, pamphlets, manuscripts, newspapers, broadsides, maps, clippings, pictures, from territorial days to the present.
The following are selected examples of materials relating to the Florida Constitutions:
- Bain, Richard E. The Proposed Florida Constitution of 1958 and the Constitution of 1885: a comparison. Tallahassee: Florida State University. 1958.
- D'Alemberte, Talbot. The Florida State Constitution: A Reference Guide. New York: Greenwood Press. 1991.
- Dickson, David F. (compiler). Proposed Amendments to the Florida Constitution of 1885: An Analysis of Constitutional Amendment Proposals Presented to the Electorate since 1885. Tallahassee: Institute of Government Research. 1966.
- Florida Constitution, 1885, amended to 1901, subsequent amendments and the proposed amendments of 1903. Jacksonville: The H. & W.B. Drew Company. 1904
- Florida Constitution Revision Commission. Proposed Revision of the Florida Constitution. Tallahassee: Senate Printing Office. 1977.
- Florida Convention of the People. Journal of the Proceedings of the Convention of the People of Florida, begun and held at the Capitol in the City of Tallahassee, on Thursday, January 3, A.D. 1861. Jacksonville: The H & W.B. Drew Company. 1861.
- Florida State Bar Association. A Proposed Constitution for Florida. Deland: John B. Stetson University. 1947.
- Journal of the Proceedings of a Convention of Delegates to form a Constitution for the People of Florida. St. Joseph: The "Times" Office. 1838.
- Skillman, Harry B. (compiler). Constitution of the State of Florida as adopted in 1885, with amendments to date., annotated. Atlanta: The Harrison Company. 1936.
- Sturm, Albert L. Recent Trends in State Constitution-Making. Tallahassee: Institute of Government Research. 1966.
- Swanson, Bert E. Florida State Constitutional Amendments to be on the Ballot November 8, 1988. Gainesville: University of Florida. 1988.