Credit this photo: State Archives of Florida, Florida Memory, http://floridamemory.com/items/show/128926
(please include photographer's name when noted).
- Gautier Good Government Awards winners getting to meet Governor Collins - Tallahassee, Florida
- Photographed on May 3, 1957.
- Accompanying note: "Twelve outstanding high school students from Volusia County this week toured the capitol and capital city as winners of the biennial Gautier Good Government Awards given by State Sen. and Mrs. William Gautier of New Smyrna Beach. Here they are with several members of the Cabinet and Senator Gautier (right, seated) after Governor Collins presented them with gold keys in recognition of their scholarship, leadership and good citizenship. While here the students visited Florida State University and saw the student circus perform.
- The award winners, standing, left to right: Lyle Thompson and Joann Ruth of Seville High School; Gerald Pearson and Sue Clark of Mainland High School, Daytona Beach; Benjamin Meyer and Carolyn Farmer of New Smyrna Beach High School; Lucy-Lee Pixton and Walter Stanley of DeLand High School; Anne Wilson and Tim Madden of Seabreeze High School, Daytona Beach; and Carolyn Jones and Billy Smith of Pierson High School, Daytona Beach.
- Cabinet members at the table are Comptroller Ray Green, Secretary of State Robert A. Gray, Governor Collins and School Supt. Thomas D. Bailey. The table, in the Cabinet meeting room, was made, incidentally, by a Daytona Beach cabinet-maker (Sargent)."
- 1 photoprint - b&w - 8 x 10 in.
- Gautier, Bill, 1910-1973
- Green, Ray E., 1899-1982.
- Collins, LeRoy (Thomas LeRoy), 1909-1991.
- Bailey, Thomas David, 1897-1974.
- Thompson, Lyle.
- Ruth, Joann.
- Pearson, Gerard.
- Clark, Sue.
- Meyer, Benjamin.
- Farmer, Carolyn.
- Pixton, Lucy-Lee.
- Stanley, Walter.
- Wilson, Anne.
- Madden, Tim.
- Jones, Carolyn.
- Smith, Billy.
- Gray, R. A. (Robert Andrew), 1882-1975.
Learn more about the Reference collection »
Order by Mail
State Archives of Florida
500 S. Bronough St.
MS #9 D
Tallahassee, FL 32399-0250
(Please do not send cash in the mail.)
Order by Phone
Archives Photographic and Film Unit
Please include the image number, size of the print desired, and cropping instructions with your order.
The image number for this photograph is: GV036007.
Mailing fees: The fee is $2 for purchases under $50 and $4 for purchases over $50.
Please include the image number and size of the print desired with your order. For video duplication, include the film title and format desired.
|5" x 7" black & white prints
|5" x 7" color prints
|8" x 10" black & white prints
|8" x 10" color prints
|11" x 14" black & white prints
|11" x 14" color prints
|16" x 20" black & white prints
|Negatives of photos in collection
|Sepia toning of prints
High Resolution Scans
Scanned @300 DPI
Oversize or fragile documents may not be eligible for scanning.
|$10.00 per image
When ordering copies of a photograph, unless otherwise specified, the dimensions of the original image will be preserved. This means that there may be white space around the image on the paper.
You may choose to have an image cropped to fit standard frame sizes, but please be aware that part of the image may be lost in the cropping.
Entire image on 8x10 paper
White space above and below the image.
Part of the image is lost in the cropping.