Credit this photo: State Archives of Florida, Florida Memory, http://floridamemory.com/items/show/18745
(please include photographer's name when noted).
- Members of the Florida Constitution Revision Commission
- Back row l-r: B.K. Roberts, John Crews, Joseph C. Jacobs, Hugh M. Taylor, Harold L. Sebring, Ralph A. Marsicano.
- 2nd row from back l-r: Emerson Allsworth, John E. Matthews, Jr., Earl Faircloth, Charlie Harris, Sid Martin, Warren W. Goodrich, George B. Stallings, Jr., Stephen C. O'Connell, Charley E. Johns.
- Third row from back l-r: Dean Nichols, Donald H. Reed, Jr., Robert Ervin, Lawton M. Chiles, Reubin O'D Askew, Bill Young, William C. Baggs, Ralph Turlington, John McCarty, S. J. Davis, Jr.
- Front row l-r: Raymond C. Alley, Frank Foe, Richard T. Earle, Jr., William G. O'Neill, Beth Johnson, E. William Gautier, Chesterfield Smith (Chairman of the Constitution Revision Commission), Thomas H. Barkdull, Henry W. Land.
- The Constitution Revision Commission meets every twenty years. Florida's present basic constitution was ratified by the voters at elections in 1968 and 1972. The drafters of the 1968 constitution provided for the convening of a constitution with a view to initiating changes deemed desirable.
- The 1965 legislature established a constitution revision commission consisting of thirty-seven members, the attorney general, and representatives of the governor, Supreme Court, Florida Bar, Legislature, and the public. The commission organized on January 11, 1966, and delivered its recommendations to the legislature on December 13. The legislature freely exercised its right to revise the commission's draft.
- The commission chairman is appointed by the Governor.
- Greenberg, Traurig, Hoffman, Lipoff, Rosen, and Quentel, PA.
- 1 photoprint - b&w - 8 x 10 in.
- Roberts, B. K. (Bonny Kaslow), 1907-1999.
- Crews, John J., Jr., 1921-1987.
- Land, Henry W., 1913-2002.
- Barkdull, Thomas H.
- Smith, Chesterfield Harvey, 1917-2003.
- Gautier, Bill, 1910-1973
- Johnson, Beth, 1909-1973.
- O'Neill, William G., 1921-
- Earle, Richard T., Jr.
- Foe, Frank.
- Alley, Raymond C.
- Davis, Joe.
- McCarty, John Moore, 1915-1995.
- Turlington, Ralph D., 1920-.
- Baggs, William C.
- Young, Bill (Charles William), 1930-2013
- Askew, Reubin O'D., 1928-.
- Chiles, Lawton, 1930-1998.
- Ervin, Robert M.
- Jacobs, Joseph Clayton, 1923-1998.
- Taylor, Hugh M., 1904.
- Sebring, Harold L. (Harold Leon), 1898-1968.
- Marsicano, Ralph A.
- Mathews, Jack, 1920-1988.
- Faircloth, Earl, 1920-1995.
- Harris, Charlie.
- Martin, Sid, 1919-1996.
- Goodrich, Warren.
- Stallings, George B., Jr., 1918-
- O'Connell, Stephen Cornelius, 1916-2001.
- Johns, Charley E. (Charley Eugene), 1905-1990.
- Nichols, Dean.
- Reed, Donald H., Jr., 1933-.
Learn more about the Political collection »
Order by Mail
State Archives of Florida
500 S. Bronough St.
MS #9 D
Tallahassee, FL 32399-0250
(Please do not send cash in the mail.)
Order by Phone
Archives Photographic and Film Unit
Please include the image number, size of the print desired, and cropping instructions with your order.
The image number for this photograph is: PT00001.
Mailing fees: The fee is $2 for purchases under $50 and $4 for purchases over $50.
Please include the image number and size of the print desired with your order. For video duplication, include the film title and format desired.
|5" x 7" black & white prints
|5" x 7" color prints
|8" x 10" black & white prints
|8" x 10" color prints
|11" x 14" black & white prints
|11" x 14" color prints
|16" x 20" black & white prints
|Negatives of photos in collection
|Sepia toning of prints
High Resolution Scans
Scanned @300 DPI
Oversize or fragile documents may not be eligible for scanning.
|$10.00 per image
When ordering copies of a photograph, unless otherwise specified, the dimensions of the original image will be preserved. This means that there may be white space around the image on the paper.
You may choose to have an image cropped to fit standard frame sizes, but please be aware that part of the image may be lost in the cropping.
Entire image on 8x10 paper
White space above and below the image.
Part of the image is lost in the cropping.