- Reunion of the 1950's at the Grove
- Second Row: Bill Conomos, executive editor, Orlando Sentinel-Star; Art Richardson, capitol correspondent, Florida Times-Union; Frank Trippett, capitol correspondent, St. Petersburg Times; Jim Powell, capitol correspondent, Tampa Tribune, then Miami Herald; Maurice (Moose) Harling, political editor, Pensacola News-Journal; Paul Wills, reporter, Associated Press; Martee Wills, woman's department, Tallahassee Democrat; Mike Beaudoin, news editor, Tallahassee Democrat; Ralph Renick, news director, WTVJ Miami.
- From bottom left to right with positions they held in the 1950's: First Row: Bill McGrotha, sports editor, Tallahassee Democrat; Hendrix Chandler, correspondent, Associated Press; George Anderson, telegraph editor, Tallahassee Democrat; Cliff Paisley, capitol correspondent, Florida Times-Union; Allen Morris, columnist, "Cracker Politics"; Clarence Jones, corrrespondent, Florida Times-Union; George Thurston, radio and television free lance (first TV man to cover Capitol on regular basis); Jim Gillespy, reporter, United Press International; Ann Waldron, columnist, St. Petersburg Times; Dorothy Clifford, women's department, Tallahassee Democrat; Chris Magill, reporter, Associated Press; Malcolm Johnson, correspondent, Associated Press, then executive editor, Tallahassee Democrat; Tom Raker, capitol correspondent, Tampa Tribune; Don Meiklejohn, capitol correspondent, the Perry Newspapers.
- Back Row: Bob Delaney, Capitol correspondent, St. Petersburg Times and Miami News, then Orlando Sentinel-Star; LeRoy Collins, Governor; Barbara Frye, bureau chief, United Press International; Howard Friedman, information officer, Department of Education; James A. Clendinen, editor Tampa Tribune; Jim Hardee, capitol correspondent and political writer, Orlando Sentinel-Star; Herbert Cameron, capitol correspondent, Tampa Tribune, then Florida Times-Union.
- 1 photoprint - b&w - 8 x 10 in.
- Magill, Chris.
- Johnson, Malcolm B., 1913-1989.
- Raker, Tom.
- Meiklejohn, Don D.
- Conomos, Bill.
- Richardson, Art.
- Powell, Jim.
- Harling, Maurice.
- Wills, Paul.
- Wills, Martee.
- Beaudoin, Mike.
- Renick, Ralph.
- Delaney, Bob.
- Frye, Barbara Landstreet, 1922-1982.
- Friedman, Howard Jay, 1921-1982.
- Clendinen, James A.
- Hardee, Jim.
- Cameron, Herbert.
- Clifford, Dorothy.
- Waldron, Ann.
- Gillespy, Jim.
- Thurston, George L.
- Jones, Clarence.
- Morris, Allen Covington, 1909-2002.
- Paisley, Cliff.
- Anderson, George.
- Chandler, Hendrix.
- McGrotha, Bill, 1927-1993
- Collins, LeRoy (Thomas LeRoy), 1909-1991.
- Trippett, Frank.
Learn more about the Political collection »
Order by Mail
State Archives of Florida
500 S. Bronough St.
MS #9 D
Tallahassee, FL 32399-0250
(Please do not send cash in the mail.)
Order by Phone
Archives Photographic and Film Unit
Please include the image number, size of the print desired, and cropping instructions with your order.
The image number for this photograph is: PT00624.
Mailing fees: The fee is $2 for purchases under $50 and $4 for purchases over $50.
Photographic and Video Reproduction
Please include the image number and size of the print desired with your order. For video duplication, include the film title and format desired.
|5" x 7" black & white prints
|5" x 7" color prints
|8" x 10" black & white prints
|8" x 10" color prints
|11" x 14" black & white prints
|11" x 14" color prints
|16" x 20" black & white prints
|Negatives of photos in collection
|Sepia toning of prints
High Resolution Scans
Scanned @300 DPI
Oversize or fragile documents may not be eligible for scanning.
|$10.00 per image
When ordering copies of a photograph, unless otherwise specified, the dimensions of the original image will be preserved. This means that there may be white space around the image on the paper.
You may choose to have an image cropped to fit standard frame sizes, but please be aware that part of the image may be lost in the cropping.
Entire image on 8x10 paper
White space above and below the image.
Part of the image is lost in the cropping.