- Florida Supreme Court Justice Raoul G. Cantero III
- Justice Raoul G. Cantero III was appointed to the Court on July 10, 2002 by Governor Jeb Bush. Before his appointment he was a shareholder and head of the Appellate Division at the law firm of Adorno & Yoss in Miami. He specialized in civil and criminal appeals at all levels, and also has extensive experience in commercial litigation. He has been Board-ceritified in appellate practice since 1995.
- After joining the Adorno firm in 1988, Justice Cantero handled more than 250 appeals and more than 100 oral arguments. He handled appeals in all five District Courts of Appeal of Florida and in the Florida Supreme Court, as well as several in the United States Circuit Courts of Appeal and in the United States Supreme Court. His practive also included administrative appeals to the Florida Circuit Courts from various municipal and county boards. Many of the appeals in which Justice Cantero was involved have produced important published opinions.
- Aside from heading the Adorno firm's Appellate Division, Justice Cantero was also heavily involved in the Firm's commercial litigation practice. His areas of particular specialty included class action and complex litigation, Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) claims and litigation, public bid protest litigation, defamation cases, and Section 1983 litigation representing both governmental entities and individuals. He was also a member of the Firm's International Estate Planning and Wealth Transfer Practice, which assisted foreign nationals in relocating to the United States.
- Justice Cantero holds a Bachelor of Arts degree summa cum laude in English and Business from Florida State University, and a law degree sum laude from Harvard Law School. After graduation from law school, he was a law clerk to the Honorable Edward B. Davis, United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida. He is also a Fulbright Scholar. Starting in 1993, he was a member of the Florida Bar's Appellate Rules Committee, which studies and recommends changes to the Florida Rules of Appellate Procedure, serving as its secretary from 1997-99 and as vice-chair from 1999-2002. He was a member of the Eleventh Judicial Circuit Judicial Nominating Commission from 2001-2002. He was also Treasurer of the Florida Bar's Appellate Practice Section from 1999-2000, Secretary from 2000-2001 and Vice-chair from 2001-2002. He served as chair of the Dade County Bar Association's Appellate Court Committee from 1998-99.
- Justice Cantero was also active in the Miami community. From 1991-1995 he was a member of the Board of Directors of Legal Services of Greater Miami, Inc. From 1993-2001, he was a member of the Planning and Zoning Board of the City of Coral Gables, and from 1997-2001 served as its chairman. From 1990-1997 he was a member of the Pastoral Council at St. Augustine Church in Coral Gables, and headed its Men's Retreat Ministry from 1994 to 2000.
- Justice Cantero was born on August 1, 1960, in Madrid, Spain, to Cuban parents who had fled the communist regime in Cuba. He and his wife Ana Maria have three children, Christian, Michael, and Elisa.
Learn more about the Political collection »
Order by Mail
State Archives of Florida
500 S. Bronough St.
MS #9 D
Tallahassee, FL 32399-0250
(Please do not send cash in the mail.)
Order by Phone
Archives Photographic and Film Unit
Please include the image number, size of the print desired, and cropping instructions with your order.
The image number for this photograph is: PT04733.
Mailing fees: The fee is $2 for purchases under $50 and $4 for purchases over $50.
Please include the image number and size of the print desired with your order. For video duplication, include the film title and format desired.
|5" x 7" black & white prints
|5" x 7" color prints
|8" x 10" black & white prints
|8" x 10" color prints
|11" x 14" black & white prints
|11" x 14" color prints
|16" x 20" black & white prints
|Negatives of photos in collection
|Sepia toning of prints
High Resolution Scans
Scanned @300 DPI
Oversize or fragile documents may not be eligible for scanning.
|$10.00 per image
When ordering copies of a photograph, unless otherwise specified, the dimensions of the original image will be preserved. This means that there may be white space around the image on the paper.
You may choose to have an image cropped to fit standard frame sizes, but please be aware that part of the image may be lost in the cropping.
Entire image on 8x10 paper
White space above and below the image.
Part of the image is lost in the cropping.