Print View (image only)
Image Number: 0401062
On many of the scans, text appears to bleed through from the reverse page as survey workers often used recycled paper printed on one side with unrelated material. Users should be aware that the bleed-through is not a missing page.
Sheet 1 of 2 sheets
WPA Form 20 HR FLORIDA Revision
Worker’s Full Name: John H. Jones
Date: January 4, 1939
[added note] Colored, defunct. [end note]
[added note] 2141 [end note]
[added note] No records [end note]
HISTORICAL RECORDS SURVEY – STATE ARCHIVES SURVEY
CHURCH INVENTORY FORM: 1938
Fill in each item, or state in items for which information is not available, sources contacted in attempting to secure information.
1. County: Duval
2. City or town: Jacksonville
3. Exact name of church: Evergreen Missionary Baptist Church
4. Street address, R.F.D. route, or description of location: 1667 Evergreen Avenue
5. Race of membership: Colored
6. Language of services: English
7. Denomination (full title): National Baptist Convention of the Unites States of America (Inc.)
8. Names and locations of denominational bodies – national, state, district, etc. – in descending order of importance:
National: National Baptist Convention of the United States of America, Inc. Headquarters [strike text] St. Louis, Mo. [end strike] [added note] Nashville, Tenn. [end note]
State: General Baptist Convention of Florida, movable.
District: Union St. James Baptist Association, movable.
9. Date church organized: 1929
10. Dates of lapse, if now defunct: 1933
11. Is church incorporated?: No
12. If so, give date of incorporation: None
13. Original name of church (if name has changed) and date of change: This is the original name.
14. Name of local parent church (if any) from which organized of split: 1929. Split from Sweetfield Missionary Baptist Church, located 1545 Harrison Street, City.
15. Information on all previous buildings used for services, since, organization, specifying location and dates used:
1929-1933. Used the original quarters from the beginning.
Church discontinued services 4 months in summer of 1932, but started services in September again which were held regularly until 1933.